Have a Hassle-Free Office Renovation in Singapore with These Tips
Your working environment can drastically impact your performance and that of your employees. If you have always thought your workplace could use a renovation, consider this as a sign that it’s about time that you should.
Whether you are planning for your office renovation in Singapore or a client, you can benefit from this list of tips to include in your renovation plans so you will pave the way for a hassle-free office renovation project.
7 Tips for a Hassle-Free Office Renovation in Singapore
When renovating your office, you may want to resolve any inconveniences that your old office has brought to your daily operations and your business’ productivity. Here are some things that you need to plan to have a hassle-free office renovation experience and a future workspace that meets your needs. Once these things are covered, it will be possible to have a hassle-free renovation process since you already have identified your goals for this project.
- Don’t forget about the office layout.Do not get overwhelmed with the many office design ideas; only leave your office layout in the equation. There are many office layouts to choose from, and the common one is the cubicle office layout which is now slowly being replaced by an open-plan office and co-working office layout. This layout is a more welcoming and healthier environment for working, and this is because cubicles are isolating while open spaces are collaborative. However, if there is a need for privacy, there is always the option of having both types of layouts and giving your employees a choice since they know the best ways to be productive.
- A fresh coat of paint for drastic outcomes.If you want to feel like you are in an entirely new environment, it’s something a fresh coat of paint can transform. It may be a hassle for some to repaint since you need to move things out and wait for the paint to dry. However, if you don’t want the hassle of renovating again because the environment does not feel fresh or new enough, then applying a fresh coat of paint is the solution. And when you finally decide to paint your office with a new colour, break the grey and beige by trying out brighter and bolder colours. You don’t have to utilise all the rainbow colours to make your workspace bright; simply select colours that you feel would make you and your employees feel happy and motivated even by looking at the fresh paint colour.
- Make your workplace bright by adding light fixtures.Does your old office design feel drab and dreary? It’s probably because of the lighting. Sure, you can always take advantage of sunlight. But when the weather is gloomy, how will you then make up for the lack of proper lighting in your workplace? So, for your office renovation, grab this as an opportunity where you can add more lighting fixtures to your workplace. Do take note of the dark areas and light them up. But of course, don’t miss out on making the most out of the natural light from the sun by planning your layout so that light enters and flows into the room effectively on days without making it glaring.
- Consider going green and sustainable.Nowadays, having a sustainable office is essential to benefit you, your employees, and especially the company. There are many possible ways to go green and have a sustainable office without causing too much hassle in the long run. With that, you need to think of at least three of the most energy-consuming aspects of your operation. For most offices, this includes lighting, heating, and cooling. If you make sustainable changes in any or all of the three, you can improve your sustainability and save up on costs.One of the best ways to go green is to install motion-sensor lights in certain areas of your office, such as the copier rooms, storage areas, individual offices, and other areas where lights are often and unintentionally left on.
- Invest in upgrading your technology.To remain competitive in the industry you belong to, you should upgrade your office systems. All the more, if your business operations are heavily reliant on technology. Such upgrades include replacing outdated hardware and upgrading the internet connection. You can also feature various technology configurations in your conference rooms and other meeting spaces in your office. In addition, to ensure sanitation amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, you can feature touchless technology across your workplace, such as implementing keyless entry or motion-sensor faucets and soap dispensers to prevent the spread of any diseases.
- Add more areas for storage.Having a disorderly office certainly is not a sight to see. Now that you are planning to renovate your office, you might as well take this chance to add more storage areas. You can either install fixed shelves or purchase racks that will be strategically placed throughout your workplace. This time, make sure that every item has a home. For your office supplies room, make sure that every item category has a corresponding place, so everyone in the office knows where to get and return things.
- Communicate your plans with your employees.Keep in mind that you will not only be the only one who will dwell in your workplace. You have employees who will work with you and for you who deserve a conducive and ideal place for work. Before you set your renovation plans in stone, you must first communicate your office renovation plans with your employees. They might have insights and input that can improve your workplace, especially if they know about issues you may not yet know about.
Experience an Office Renovation in Singapore with Shelf N Store
If you are looking for a reliable and trusted commercial renovation contractor, trust Shelf N Store’s experience in office renovation projects. With over 12 years of experience in providing top-notch office renovation services, rest assured that you are in good hands with us.
We are also proudly a member of BCA registered contractors licensed to carry out professional electrical (L.E.W) and plumbing (L.W.S.P) works. Do not hesitate to contact us today on our sales hotline (65) 8133-3998 to get started!